Athletic Packet/Physical Forms
East Area Athletic Physical Night
Athletic Participation Forms
All athletic paperwork is to be turned into the IHMS front office.
Required Athletic Participation Forms:
KSHSAA requires a sports physical of student athletes every year after May 1st.
- 2023-24 IHMS Athletic Packet (English)
- 2023-24 IHMS Athletic Packet (Spanish) Update In Progress
Required for Participation in Cross Country Off-Campus Running Form:
- 2023-24 Off Campus Running Form (English)
- 2023-24 Off Campus Running Form (Spanish)
Medical Provider for Student Athletes
SMSD recommends all student athletes have an established, ongoing relationship with a medical provider.
- Injuries requiring a visit to/treatment from a medical provider are easier/quicker to schedule for established patients. Injured athletes want to return to their sport as soon as possible instead of waiting days/weeks to see a medical provider as a new patient.
- Athletes suspected of a concussion can only be cleared to return to play by an MD, DO.
- Athletes diagnosed with COVID-19 can only be cleared to return to play by an MD, DO, or APRN.
- Current updated immunizations are required of all students per KS statute. SMSD excludes students from attending school/athletics without being appropriately immunized. Students receiving ongoing medical care are likely to remain up to date on immunizations and do not risk exclusion from participation.
- Always check with your insurance provider for a list of health care providers.
- Athletes who are uninsured/underinsured may contact the below to become established for medical care:
- Health Partnership Clinic (913)648-2266
- Mercy and Truth (913)248-9965
Athletic Physical Providers:
Due to the volume of children needing to see their primary care provider for the beginning of school, many student athletes find it hard to get an appointment in time for the first day of fall sports.
Athletes can get the needed screening at CVS Minute Clinics and at one of our area high school physical nights: