Click here for IHMS Athletic Participation Paperwork
Medical Provider for Student Athletes
SMSD recommends all student athletes have an established, ongoing relationship with a medical provider.
·KSHSAA requires a sports physical of student athletes every year after May 1st.
- ·Injuries requiring a visit to/treatment from a medical provider are easier/quicker to schedule for established patients. Injured athletes want to return to their sport as soon as possible instead of waiting days/weeks to see a medical provider as a new patient.
- Athletes suspected of a concussion can only be cleared to return to play by an MD, DO.
- Athletes diagnosed with COVID-19 can only be cleared to return to play by an MD, DO, or APRN.
- Current updated immunizations are required of all students per KS statute. SMSD excludes students from attending school/athletics without being appropriately immunized. Students receiving ongoing medical care are likely to remain up to date on immunizations and do not risk exclusion from participation.
- Always check with your insurance provider for a list of health care providers.
- Athletes who are uninsured/underinsured may contact the below to become established for medical care:
- Health Partnership Clinic (913)648-2266
- Mercy and Truth (913)248-9965