The PTA Would Like to Welcome You to Indian Hills!
Welcome back to returning families and welcome to families who are new to IHMS this year! As we begin the 2021-2022 school year, the PTA remains focused on supporting our students, families, teachers and staff. We are proud of the role that PTA plays to support our school and we could not do it without our IHMS community.
IHMS PTA is proud to support our students and staff. Here are a few ways we are working to create a great learning environment at IHMS. Below is a summary of how the funds raised during the Knights’ walk are used to support our mission of providing engaging, exciting and empowering learning opportunities for our IHMS students:
- Community Service Day supplies
- Student planners
- After school club supplies
- Color Run supplies
- 8th Grade Celebration
- Headphones for MAP/KAP assessments
- Assessment day goodies- granola bars, popcorn, pencil bag, hard candy, encouraging notes
Teaching and Learning
- Building instructional technology subscriptions to support student engagement
- iPad stands for instruction and recording instructional demos
- Staff learning tools such as books for team book studies, instructional tools for classroom usage, Scholastic subscription, etc.
- Teacher appreciation items
- Classroom flexible seating teacher grants
- Outdoor picnic tables for lunch seating and outdoor classroom seating
- Knights wall logos - Be respectful, responsible, safe, and productive
- Classroom window decal covering - safety and security upgrades
- Outside window covering for front of building and cafeteria - safety and security upgrades
- Building expectation signage for classrooms and hallways
PTA EVENTS 2021-2022
Friday, October 1, 2021
The Knights’ Walk is our only school fundraiser. The money raised will be spent THIS SCHOOL YEAR to benefit your student and IHMS teachers! We want to use the funds raised to impact the students and families who have raised it.
Our goal is to raise $40,000 to fund items from the list below (and more!):
- Instructional and Classroom grants: Equipment and items that enhance classroom learning. Last year, we purchased computer equipment, flexible seating, field trips, white boards for band/ orchestra rooms, spring musical mics and support, science interactive learning support and much more!
- Outdoor learning areas as well as security and school ground improvements: Last year we purchased outdoor seating for entire classrooms
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS), which funds the popular student incentives and reward parties, prize wheel, school store, fall mixer, and many other student appreciation and rewards throughout the year!
Your student won’t want to miss this fun afternoon full of friends, music, games, and prizes. The Knights’ Walk is our one and only fundraiser for the year and takes place during the school day so every student can participate.
All students get to participate in the walk around the campus regardless of whether their parents, friends, or family members donate. However, your student can unlock additional fun through donations.
Sign Up is easy!
Just click HERE to register and choose your level of donation.
Mark your calendars!
Canvas/Skyward/Middle School Info
September 21, 2021
4:30 – 6:30pm
PTA General Meeting
September 23, 2021
12:00 - 1:00 pm
(This meeting will be virtual with more information to follow)
PTA General Meeting
Meet the SME Principal
April 21, 2022
12:00 – 1:00pm
Friday, October 1
During the school day
PTA Provides Dinner for Teachers
October 13, 2021
February 3, 2022
November 18, from 3:45 – 6:00
Click HERE to volunteer
PTA Appreciation Luncheon
Everyone is Welcome!
May 12, 2022
SMAC Clothing Center Information
SMAC Clothing Exchange
The Clothing Exchange offers gently used clothing and shoes to those within the SMSD boundaries. All items are clean. Donations are made possible by SMSD residents. Racks are sorted by item and by size, with seasonal and holiday themed items throughout the year. Formal wear and interview attire is also available. All residents are welcome! Hours of operation and complete information here:
2021-2022 Clothing Exchange Flyer – English
2021-2022 Clothing Exchange Flyer - Spanish
Clothing Exchange Service Opportunity
- Click here for 2021-22 SMAC Clothing Center Schedule (English)
- Click here for 2021-22 SMAC Clothing Center Schedule (Spanish)
Indian Hills provides volunteers the SMAC PTA Clothing Exchange.
Use this LINK to volunteer
2021-2022 PTA Executive Board and Contact List